All about Clemyjontri Park
6317 Georgetown Pike
McLean, VA 22101
The Park & Playground are open year-round 7am to dusk.
Carousel open seasonally as weather permits.
Call 703-388-2807 to find out if the carousel is open.
Where every child can play
Clemyjontri Park features a unique playground where children of all abilities can play side-by-side. It is a playground where every child is welcome.
This park is a place where children who use wheelchairs, walkers or braces, or who have sensory or developmental disabilities, can have a parallel playground experience of fun and exploration.
For park policies, group details,
Clemyjontri is a playground where:
- Ramps connect structures
- Swings have high backs, arm rests and special safety features
- Rubber ground surfaces are not-slip and allow wheelchairs to roll easily
- Lowered monkey bars provide easy access
- Equipment is designed to be sensory rich so all children can participate with peers
- Wider openings allows easy access to play structures
- Tent sails provide areas of shade in the playground and benches are located throughout the play area
Overflow parking is available across the road at Langley Fork Park at 6250 Georgetown Pike. Please use caution when traveling in close proximity to the park. A pedestrian walkway crosses the road to the overflow parking area. For your safety, please do not park on Georgetown Pike.
Parking at a busy park can be a challenge. Our future development plans include the addition of more parking spaces and additional amenities. Since opening in October 2006, over 200,000 people annually have visited the park. We need the cooperation of everyone in its usage.
You can make parking easier by:
- Using the overflow parking space available across the street at Langley Forks Park.
- Not parking on the side of the road on Georgetown Pike.
- Using extra caution when traveling in close proximity to the park. A pedestrian walkway crosses the road to the overflow parking area.
- Visiting during off-peak hours. Most visitors come to the park between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. daily. In addition to fewer parking challenges, visiting at off-peak times reduces the possibility of crowded play equipment and long lines which can detract from the experience of playing on this unique playground.
Our shelters are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are strongly recommended. A guest who provides proof of reservation takes precedence over a guest who does not. Grilling is prohibited in Clemyjontri Park.
Our Park Pavilion provides shelter and shade for up to 60 guests (seating for 33). It has 6 accessible tables with 16 wheelchair spaces.
The Big Top Tent provides shade for up to 40 people and 6 tables (3 with wheelchair access). The big top tent is not designed to shield guests from rain.
Directions to Clemyjontri Park